What’s neck pain?
Pain in the neck or back region can be severe, which comes on suddenly and intensely, or long-term, which can continue for months, weeks, or years. The pain can be sporadic or constant.
What causes neck and back pain?
With the technology of today’s, the precise source of neck and back pain are available in few instances. Generally, neck and back pain may be a symptom of a variety of causes, including the following:
- Overuse, strenuous activity, or improper use for example heavy or persistent lifting
- Injury, harm, or breaks
- Degeneration of vertebrae, often due to stresses on the effects of aging, or the muscles and ligaments that support the spinal column
- Unusual growth like a tumor or bone spur
- Muscle spasm or tension
- Ligament or muscle rips
- Joint issues, like arthritis
- Osteoporosis and fractures that are compression
- Stomach issues, like an aortic aneurysm
Can neck and back pain be prevented?
The following may help to prevent neck and back pain:
- Practice proper lifting techniques
- workplace computers and Use phones and other gear correctly
- Keep proper posture while standing, sitting, and sleeping
- Prevent smoking
- Keep a healthy weight
- Reduce psychological stress which could cause muscle tension